Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 16th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

May 30 - June 1, 2008

Our next weekend travel was to Interlaken, Switzerland. So far this has been one of my favorite places just because it was a lot different than anything we've done so far. I hadn't originally planned on going to Switzerland at all, but it wasn't too far away (only 6 hrs by train), so it seemed like a pretty good option.

This time Jonah, Missy, Casey and I went and we stayed in this great hostel; it was almost like a hotel. The lady that worked the desk was great and arranged everything for us and told us all the best places to go hiking and eat.

We didn't go until Friday morning because we didn't think we'd want to be there that long. So we got there Friday afternoon and checked in and went for our first hike up a mountain. It took us a little over an hour and a half to hike up it, and it was pretty steep; we decided that the smallest incline we had hiked up was about 45 degrees. We definitely got a good workout in, but once we got to the top, the view was so amazing.

On Saturday I went canyoning. It was absolutely amazing and nothing I will ever get to do again. I'm pretty sure it was the biggest adrenaline rush that I've ever had. Basically canyoning involves driving up to the top of a mountain and hiking a little bit until you get to the area where there's a lot of water, cliffs and rocks. We got to jump off cliffs into the water, repel through waterfalls and down big rocks, we slid down "water slides", jumped into walls and slid down, etc. It was pretty much crazy, but one of the best things that I have ever done in my whole life and completely worth every moment of it. Once we got back we were kind of tired so we just walked around a bit and grabbed some dinner and met up with a few of our other friends who happened to be in Interlaken with us.

As usual, on Sunday we left in the afternoon to head back to Luxembourg.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

pre-canyoningpre-canyoning
pre-canyoning

displaying the crazy amount of gear we had to wear


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb