Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 16th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

May 22-25, 2008

We have classes Monday to Thursday, so our first weekend trip was to Paris. We figured it was a good start since it's only 2 hours away by eurorail. It was really nice to get out finally and travel. I went with Jonah, Max, Andrew, Missy and Casey. We stayed in our first hostel, which wasn't great, but it could've been a lot worse. We weren't directly in the city, but a little bit out, so we had a 20 minute metro ride everyday in, but it wasn't too bad. We arrived Thursday night and went to the Champs-Elysees and saw the Arc de Triomphe, and got dinner in that area and just kind of wandered around the city a bit. By the end of the day I was leading everyone around the metros, but I hated the maps of the city, so everyone else had to collaborate on that one.

Friday was very busy. We started off by going to the Louvre, then made our way over to the Notre Dame and later the that night, the Eiffel tower. We wandered around the city a lot too which was kind of nice to get to see everything. We got dinner that night around the Eiffel Tower, so by time we were done eating it was dark out and we were able to watch it light up and just hang around there for awhile.

Saturday we went to Versailles and saw the castle and wandered through the gardens. Luckily we got there early enough that it wasn't raining yet, but by time we made it back into the city it was raining some. Overall we got pretty lucky and we just wound up doing some souvenir shopping and sat at a cafe awhile that day to let the rain pass by.

Sunday we went to the Sacre Couer, which I hadn't been to yet, so I was pretty excited. It was on top of this huge hill that we had to walk up, but it was worth it overall. A little later that afternoon, we left to head back to Luxembourg.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

all of us outside the Notre Dameall of us outside the Notre Dame
all of us outside the Notre Dame

left to right...Me, Casey, Max, Jonah, Andrew, MIssy
the hall of mirrorsthe hall of mirrors
the hall of mirrors

my favorite part of the castle
us in the Versaille gardensus in the Versaille gardens
us in the Versaille gardens

left to right....Missy, me, Jonah, Casey
Sacre CoeurSacre Coeur
Sacre Coeur

a view of it on the hill


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb