No laundry Zurich


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 18th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.3667, 8.55

Well, we got into Zurich and decided to do our laundry before finding a hotel. When we finally found the laundrymat it was a dry cleaners. What another dissappointment. We then went to the TI and checked out rooms. They said something about a convention being in town and the only rooms left in Zurich started at $750 a night! We asked if there was something in a nearby town. Luckily there was. We are staying in Wintherthur, which is about a 20 minute train ride from Zurich.
We asked about laundry facilities in Winterthur and were told that there were no laundrymats, but the hotel would do our laundry for us. After we got the price list from them, we picked out a few items we really needed and let them do it for $40. Ouch!!! So now we are looking for laundry in Interlaken.
Yesterday morning we got up and took the train into Zurich to do a walking tour of the main part of the city. It was cool and cloudy, so we took our raincoats and umbrellas. We did the Rick Steve's walking tour and went to the Swiss National Museum. The building is really
Clock tower in St. Peter's churchClock tower in St. Peter's churchClock tower in St. Peter's church

This is one of the oldest clocks in Europe. It is 28 feet in diameter.
cool. Stacy says it looks like the castle in Hogwarts, from Harry Potter. After a long day, we took the train back to Winterthur, had dinner and rested.
This morning we got up, again took the train into Zurich and booked a 4 hour tour by bus, tram and boat. We walked around old town for a while and then did the tour. It started out sunny, but by the time we got to the tram up the mountain it had clouded up and we couldn't see the Alps, only the city. It was still pretty nice though. After we returned, we found a nice Italian resturant and had dinner and a bottle of wine. Then back to our room.
Tomorrow we leave Zurich for Luzern, which is about a 50 mile drive. We tried to get a reservation for a room, but are still waiting for an e-mail to confirm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

our lunch by Lake Zurichour lunch by Lake Zurich
our lunch by Lake Zurich

We were looking for a quick lunch. This is a hot dog, a roll, and a beer.


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb