Brienz by bike


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 9th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.6858, 7.83081

We are really glad that we did Jungfraujoch yesterday as this morning was decidedly cooler and cloudier - the peaks not at all clear. So we decided to go out on our bikes and chose a route beyond Interlaken around Lake Brienzersee. A few miles in it started to drizzle but we continued steadfastly which turned out to be wise decision as it did not amount to much with conditions gradually improving.

On reaching Brienz we stopped at a cafe for coffee and a sticky bun before setting off once again. However our plan to continue around the other side of the lake to do a circular route was unsuccessful as the path indicated on the cycling leaflet could not be found, so we decided to return by the same route.

We stopped several times to take a breather (mainly for my benefit) and to admire the stunning landscape. Being a Sunday people were clearly out and about doing leisure things like us.

The ride was about 25 miles in total, much of it on flat terrain, but it was more than enough for me with my limitations. Indeed, much to David's amusement I fell off at one point having cycled into the kerb. Thankfully I landed on a raised grass verge and was not hurt (plenty of padding, so he says - ha, ha).

Once back at the campsite the sun was shining, so it we were able to sit, cook and eat outdoors.

We are looking to move on to Austria on Thursday - just awaiting email confirmation from the site.

Advertisement



14th June 2013

I see dads got the yellow jersey.haha!xxxx

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb