Getting our bearings


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 7th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.6852, 7.83016

The day started bright and sunny, so after breakfast we set off to look around Interlaken itself taking advantage of the free pass for local buses. It does take you all around the houses but still a bonus. At the tourist info we checked out the Jungfraujoch excursion, otherwise known as 'Top of Europe' which was at the top of our wish list of things to do whilst here. Looking at the weather forecast, we are going to go for it tomorrow with an early start. It's not cheap but we may never pass this way again.

Afterwards, we watched the para gliders landing in the Central Park area, both solo and tandem. David was very taken with the idea so on return to the site decided to go for it and a couple of hours later was airborne for 20 minutes or so after taking off from Beatenburg. Visibility was excellent on such a bright and sunny day. He had an exciting flight and was able to see the mountains, our caravan and way into the distance. An experience he will never forget but one he may repeat in another location.

We used the grill to cook al fresco again. This time, some sausages we bought in Germany with Bombay potatoes, washed down with a couple of beers, but the view as the sun set over the mountains was priceless.

Advertisement



8th June 2013

Wow dad I'm impressed! Xxx

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb