count down .....


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
March 10th 2009
Published: March 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

air bag actionair bag actionair bag action

me on the airbag jump
Ok so the count down is on ......
.... we'll be playing host to visitors by the end of the week. I'll blog again once they are gone and let you know what we all got up to. Hopefully they'll have all taken to the snow and done at least some sledging if not snowboarding !!!

It's been absolutely bucketing down with snow here - the local council doesn't know what to do with it all, but the weather has been very overcats so we haven't got out much.

So i've been out skiing again with Helen, Amanda and Gussy. It's getting to be great fun - i'm not the most controlled or stylish , but we went off down a black run and all over the place. I'm still not very good at getting off the chair lifts though - more luck than judgement !!!

We watched the England v Ireland match with some disgust - both teams were rubbish just we were worst. It's the France v England match this weekend which should be interesting - the manager at the chalet here is French so we'll never hear the end of it if we lose !!!
amandas birthdayamandas birthdayamandas birthday

me , helen and amanda


There was a 'chinese downhill' off piste race last week - all the competitors start in one big line and race each other to the bottom of the mountain off piste. It's a bit crazy so we didn't take part but we went to the party afterwards which had a live band etc. It was a lovely sunny day.

We're going to the Geneva motor show on Thursday - which fits in nicely with picking up Cath and Damo - it's suppost to be massive and very good so i'm sure we'll have some pictures of cars to make Chris and Christian jealous.

One of the people who works at the chalet - gussy - is leaving soon. She's off to Meribel for another job to end the season so we'll be a bit depleted in numbers and i'll not be able to borrow her ski boots anymore !!! We'll be sorry to see her go but i'm sure she'll have a good time - after all half the people we know from here have moved to Meribel. Must be something in the water. So we went out for the day with her on Saturday - off
amandas birthdayamandas birthdayamandas birthday

gus and phil
piste in all the deep snow which was fun until we had to hike back upa nd out fo the forest to get back to the piste !!! ( see photos)

Ok better go, hope all is well in the uk with everyone.

Flic, Phil and the girls x x x x

ps - yes the airbag picture is me flying through the air. they have a massive airbag in the park so you can practice jumps and land without getting hurt - it's quite good fun just to throw yourself off it though !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

da fat - bandda fat - band
da fat - band

chinese down hill day


Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb