Interlaken for Easter


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
April 16th 2017
Published: April 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We spent Easter weekend with Simon and Jo and family near Interlaken in the Jungfrau region. We based ourselves in a campground near the Thunersee lake. We went up the valley each day to a different part of the mountain range. The weather wasn't great, but we managed to see snow, and not get too wet. We went up on a train and then gondola to the Mureen area. The next day we went up the gondola to Gimmerwald Village. For the day we had the worst weather we stuck a little closer to town, exploring a woodcarving village called Brienz. The Swiss villages are beautiful, with a lot of wood carving and historical type chalets. Walking in the mountains with snow around us and beautiful houses and cow bells. It felt very 'Swiss'. Being in the german speaking part of Switzerland was a little bit of a shock, although people speak English, we realised how little German we knew. It did make me feel a little bit better about my french, as we both have a base of french from high school in New Zealand. A lovely weekend, despite the weather. A beautiful area we plan on visiting again, being so close to Geneva.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb