Switzerland, Olympics, and Favre!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
August 8th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello, Ian here! I am finally writing one of these again cause I managed to get alone time and snuck away from kate. She feels when I write I take away from her writing because you all are so riveted by mine. Kidding...
Well, we haven't written in awhile due to being busy and all but that is a good thing! Here in Switzerland there is the most breathtaking sights in nature that one can see. It is amazing as a whole. Um I really wanted to jump out of a plane or off a rock here but it is just to damn expensive to try and kill yourself here! We went up to the highest point in europe and it was amazing! we got to go into an ice palace and play in the snow and it was just a grand old time. We also visited other cities like Bern and Lucerne which were cool. But mostly Switzerland is about the scenery not the cities. The lakes here are turquoise and the water is milky white in the rivers. We got to go to the only glacial waterfall that is visible and it was breathtaking. you could feel the raw power of it and it blew you away. Well, for those of you who dont know Brett Favre got traded to the Jets so I am now a Jets fan... that took up a lot of my time as well. We are missing one night in Barcelona which is our next destination, due to availability so we will be taking a night train tonight. Kind of cool, we havent done one so we are looking forward to it. The opening ceremonies of the olympics were awesome, we just finished watching them here at 5 in the afternoon. We watched them in a chinese restaurant which made it feel like we were there! Another cultural experience we wont forget! Alright got to catch that night train so love you all and miss you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb