Day 7


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 28th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Switzerland, and I must say, I was sad to say goodbye. France is going to have some huge shoes to fill because Switzerland was absolutely amazing. Our first stop of the day was the glass factory, where we were given a tour and were allowed to watch the workers actually make glass. After watching them, we were allowed to either blow our own glass or go shopping in the gift shop. I feel as though the glass factory is an attraction to tourists. Sure these tourists may go by another name- the elderly, but hey, old people eat this stuff up. If there was any question whether or not it was a tourist location, the fact that they had a museum dedicated the glass and glass making activities probably cleared that up. Next we drove to Lucerne for the final time, where we got a tour of the hotel Palace Lucerne. The hotel was very nice and was right on the edge of the lake. To me the hotels weren’t too different; both had very nice spas and were located near very beautiful, but very different scenery. The Palace Lucerne seemed simpler to me, whereas the hotel in InterLaken seemed like it was the hotel that belonged in a bigger city. After our tour of the hotel, we began our journey to France, and said goodbye to Switzerland for good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb