Day 8


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
May 29th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first real day in France and I must say, I was already missing Switzerland. After eating breakfast, we took a bus to the city of Strasburg, which is one of the EU capitals, considered the legislative and democratic capital of Europe. The difference between Strasburg and Switzerland was huge, obviously the landscape was immensely different, but the architecture was very different as well. Strasburg seemed to have a very old, gothic feel, where as Switzerland was a lot prettier, I feel as though being on the border with Germany, and having their cultures mix, probably attributed to this. After taking and burning on a boat tour of the city, we got to walk around get harassed by gypsies. This was fun, as my new goal quickly became scoring a picture with some of them. Later we met up in front of the cathedral to take a tour of the chocolate patisserie where we got a view of the how chocolate is made, and best of all, we got a taste testing. We got to try the chocolates and the sorbets made in the patisserie, most of which were very unique.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb