Bona Sera!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Lugano
January 5th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

i just wanted to thank you all for being so sweet in my time of panic and depression. i am very happy to report that it has passed and tonight i had a super fun time! we took brinberg's dinner suggestion and walked a mile and a half in the rain (literally) to this fondue restauraunt. he just told me and this girl allie but somehow when it was time to go we had like 15 people wanting to go! so we all trucked up and the hill and we hardly knew where we were going but somehow we found it. when we rolled up they said we would have to wait an hour so half the people turned back but half stayed and we were seated immediately. somehow i was the only one at our table that knew a lick of italian so i ordered red wine and two humoungous pots of fondue for us to enjoy. who knew i was such a linguistic genious?? i had never talked to most of them before so i'm happy we got some time to get to know each other. a few of them are going to carnivale and staying in the same hostel so i think we are going to try to cooridnate our week long trip after that! i've made semi friends! who knew i had it in me?!!! haha. we sat and ate a long dinner adn then walked back down the hill (somehow in a third of the time it took us to get up) and went to this bar called peter pan which i swear could have been straight out of blacksburg but it was fun because everyone in our progam was there and we basically had the bar to ourselves with a few local creepers. they closed at 1 though so here i am writing you this email in silence because the security guard paolo hates us because of last night's fiasco. but actually i just wanted you all to know that i am feeling a ton better and i still miss you guys but its a lot easier to get that out of my head now that i have some friends and i don't feel so akward. misery loves company, and you can't get any more miserable than lugano switzerland HA yeah right.

Anyway GO STEELERS! and i hope you all are having fun and i love love love you all.. your emails have been sooo nice and i've saved them all into a little word document so i can read them over and over. KEEP THEM COMING!

And gray my address is:

liza miller the great c/co david brinberg
montarina hotel and hostel
via monratina 1
lugano, switzerland ch 6900

i would love packages. send heavy items so that i dono't have to go buy them and lug them up this steep ass hill. i miss you all! come visit soon!!!

te amo,

liza



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb