the mountain Coates go a yodelling


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
May 28th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Snow on top of Mt TitlisSnow on top of Mt TitlisSnow on top of Mt Titlis

and freezing cold i might add!!!!
Today we took on the mountains of Switzerland!

Actually first off we went and dropped the car at Mercedes so they could have a look over it. They said it was fine, so then we were on our way...

First off we headed to Mt titlis which is one of the highest in the aquas alps. Found our way without getting lost and boarded the first cable car which was a closed in one that just had the two of us.. Mum did well with the heights, I naturally loved it! About half way up the mountain we switched to a masive cable car that held loads of people... We got crammed in, not so much fun, but pretty views... From there it was into the rotair! The rotair is a revolving cable car that turns 360 degrees over the journey to the top of mount titlis. It can hold up to 80 people, but gets pretty squishy! And only the floor moves, so you can't really hold the handles for support against the crowd... Lucky I have had mosh pit training!

Once up there we headed right to the top and put into the snow! It was feezing, but mum still managed to throw a snowball at me while I took her photo... We played around in the snow for a bit, looked at the sights and finished off a half built snowman. He was such a hit that we had heaps of people checking him out and grabbing a happy snap of him! Was awesome!

After a while I couldn't feel my hands at all and my ears were killing me with the wind air pressure and allergies, so we headed back inside for a hot. Chocolate at the highest bar in Europe. The view was great and the hot choc even better!

After regaining feeling in all parts of our body, I decided that the mountain was called mt titlis because you sure freeexe them off up there! Hehehe... Anyway wandered around a bit but were sick of the massive crowds so headed back down again in full but not packed carriages...

As it was only about 1 we decided to try out Mt pilatus as well... Both of us wanted to do the cogwheel train so ww decided to just catch that up, have a look around and catch it back rather than heading to the other side for the adventure stuff... The cogwheel train was awesome! It is the steepest in the world with the gradient (slope) ranging between 45 and 49 degrees! You actually sit flat in the train though, so don't really realise how steep it is... It took us up to the top 7000 feet high! For those scared of heights though the train was seriously nothing in comparison to the scenic railway in the mountains because you do sit so flat...

Anyway, up top we grabbed yummy vego lunches and di a few of the walks around the summit. There was only one track closed, but we did all the others! After many stairs had been climbed and we had reached the top it was time to head back...

Oh, and I forgot, when we got up there all we could see was cloud, so just as well we chose only the cogwheel train! On our wanderunha the cloud lifted a bit, but we couldn't see much happening in the adventure stuff, so I think it was closed because of visibility. Mt titlis had a few things closed due to weather too...

Anyway,
Heading up in the Rotair to Mt TitlisHeading up in the Rotair to Mt TitlisHeading up in the Rotair to Mt Titlis

World´s first revolving chairlift!
we finally made it down mt pilatus and back to our hotel, all without getting lost!!! Woohoo!

I am pleased I did both! They were both very different and I enjoyed them in different ways... Although have learnt to go up in the afternoons after lunch as then all the tours have moved on!

Quote of the day goes to mum who altered the words (well a word) in a song by pheobe off friends... Original line being the cow in the meadow goes moo... Mum's line was the cow in the meadow goes poo inspired by the lovely fresh Swiss air as you drive past the farms hehehe

Also, just for Storm... It is greeny green green over here!

Lots of pics, so go enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Our SnowmanOur Snowman
Our Snowman

We had about 10 people all want a photo of our snowman and his little friend after we set this up hehehe
Us in the Snow!Us in the Snow!
Us in the Snow!

On top of Mt Titlis
brrrrrrrrbrrrrrrrr
brrrrrrrr

this is the temperature on top of Mt Titlis... yes it says half a degree and doesn't include windchill
View from the highest bar in EuropeView from the highest bar in Europe
View from the highest bar in Europe

On top of Mt Titlis, 10,000 feet high
What view from Mt Pilatus???What view from Mt Pilatus???
What view from Mt Pilatus???

It was a wee bit cloudy and we couldn't see from one side of the mountain at all!!
Made it!Made it!
Made it!

On top of Pilatus


Tot: 0.519s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb