Lucerne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
May 28th 2007
Published: May 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Okay. So I am going to make a trip to Germany and Switzerland! The Swiss Alps are soo beautiful! I loved it. Lucerne is a little expensive. The francs exchange better (1$=1.15franc) but it evened out with dinner being about 20-70francs! Soo:

Sunday, May 27:
We left Germany and crossed into Switzerland and went through the Black Forest, stopping at an area where they build coo-coo clocks. These forests are named this because they are where bandits used to hang out and ambush people. Also, I think some of the Brothers Grimm fairy tails were based on these forests...at least that is what someone told me😊 Afterwards, we passed the Rhine Falls, the largest waterfall in Europe. Then it was off to Lucerne.
In Lucerne we had a short walking tour. We saw the Lowendenkmal (Swiss Lion), and crossed over the Kapellbrucke bridge that was covered in murals. I ate pizza after Shan stomped off for like the 3rd time, with Sebastien, our bus driver, and a few others.

Monday, May 28:
Shan and I payed $50 to go up Mt. Pilatus, but it was worth it! Mt. Pilatus is 7000ft, one of the tallest mountains in this region of the Swiss Alps. IT WAS SNOWING! And pretty cold considering I did not really pack for 7 degree weather...
Our group went down to the city of Lucerne around 1pm, but it was cold and rainy and unfortunately a holiday so very few shops and restaurants were open. We all ended up going back to the hotel at about 3:30pm and hung out around there...It was okay, though, because it gave me a chance to do laundry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.2832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb