Arrival in Bern


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
June 7th 2015
Published: June 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Part 2 - We arrived in Bern about 1600 and went straight to our Airbnb apartment on the west central side of town. I was a little nervous about this next experiment, but our host Laura was absolutely delightful in welcoming us! She was an au pair in San Francisco so she spoke perfect English and understands Americans. The apartment is clean and comfortable, and our room is a perfect. Best of all, the WiFi is strong and consistent! Andrew and I are being very careful to not disturb Laura and her roommate.

After getting settled, Andrew and I headed to Terrasse Restaurant in the center of town. We sat on a covered terrace next to the Aare River, which roars through Bern. Good thing we got there when we did because a storm rolled through, and while it rained for two hours, we shared a Mediterranean chicken sandwich, salmon salad sandwich, and chocolate cake with berries and whipped cream. Everything tasted amazing, and the surroundings were beautiful.

Tomorrow we explore the city. In the meantime, have posted a few pictures. Time for bed...we've traveled from Rome to Milan to Bern in less than 36 hours, so both Andrew and I are tired...but we are having the time of our lives!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th June 2015

Great blog
Ken, You write like you speak. Your descriptions are articulate and very interesting. It's all I can do to keep from giving notice to my employer and heading to the airport for parts unknown. Bob
8th June 2015

Thanks
Thanks. Feels like words totally fail to capture how beautiful everything is and what a great time we are having. Glad you enjoy

Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb