The Good News Beers


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Basel
December 12th 2005
Published: December 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Ah free booze.

For some, an unexpected sign that heaven can exist on Earth. For others, a surefire ticket to hell.

Today, everything bad in the world was forgotten in favor of all-you-can-drink beer.

In breaking news:
Rheinfelden, Switzerland
The Feldschlösschen Brewery in Rheinfelden was shut down due to a lack of beer. The Rachelson Family took the all-you-can-drink tasting session a little too seriously and was too strong a force for the factory's 90,000 bottles an hour production. Although free food was also given - including fleischekase (german for "meat-cheese" although no cheese is involved), cheese pies, and pickles - the Rakes demanded more and more beer throughout the hour session.
"The 90 minute tour beforehand was a real drag, I just wanted to get straight to the beer degustation," said Evi Rachelson, the real force behind the Rachelson's drinking prowess.
"We missed Oktoberfest, so we decided that Dezemberfest was in order," said Howard, the reigning patriarch of the family.
Gadiel Rachelson sat patiently in silence, to really relish the moment, and proceeded to go through beer by beer.
"My favorite beers were the unexpected ones," said Gadiel. "You know, I've had
Freshy FreshFreshy FreshFreshy Fresh

Cold Water, potable at that. But its from the Evil Dragon. Your Pick.
my fair share of lagers, so the Feldschlösschen Original was nothing special. The Amber was familiar tasting but not powerful. The real winners tonight were the Schneider Weisse and the Feldschlösschen Panaché. The Weisse was so beautifully textured and savory, and the Panaché high alcohol content mixed with its Lemonade-y finish made for tasting and smooth drinking. Highly recommended for the ladies as well."
End Source


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Ah, Cold BeersAh, Cold Beers
Ah, Cold Beers

My new friends: Cardinal Original, Battery Energy Drink, Feldschlosschen Panache, Castello Amber, Feldschlosschen Ice, Cardinal Lemon, and Untitled.
No, I'm not STEALING those crates...No, I'm not STEALING those crates...
No, I'm not STEALING those crates...

A gift from Switzerland to me: A few crates of beer!
Just like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...Just like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...
Just like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

I was like a child awaiting entrance into the Holy Land.
Thats a pimped out rideThats a pimped out ride
Thats a pimped out ride

This killer bus has a nice bar inside with a draught style tap.
Stacked KegsStacked Kegs
Stacked Kegs

Thats what I call a Kegger.
Patience, Grasshoppa.Patience, Grasshoppa.
Patience, Grasshoppa.

Its all part of the 4-6 week process. Brewing the burr.
More of my new friendsMore of my new friends
More of my new friends

This time including Schneider, Howard, and Evi.
Is Graffiti a nuisance....Is Graffiti a nuisance....
Is Graffiti a nuisance....

if it looks like this?


12th December 2005

hahahaha, well done!
12th December 2005

Your writing style
You write better than, and look better than, that horse.
13th December 2005

wow
def your best blog work yet!! good story followed with great photos... wish i could have been there to witness the rachelson event and enjoy more of euorpe. when do you go home gadi?!
14th December 2005

gadi when do you come home..... can't wait till you get here... new years? love erin
17th December 2005

BRA
howzit bra, ZIMBABWE!!!!!!!!!!
20th December 2005

Hey Cuz
Hi Gadi! It's your 6th cousin twice removed by marriage. Your blog is awesome! I am jealous. Bet you don't want to leave. Miss you much!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb