A party in the woods


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East
September 12th 2010
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's Saturday here and we have a party organized for people here to catch up with Carmen and meet me.
The party was held in the mountain forest maybe 30 kms from here, at one of the local council run log cabin
Designated party houses. There a great idea, very nicely kept with inside area with fireplace, outside with the same, all the tables and chairs you would need and power for all the mod cons.
No neighbors nice location, What more would you want.
I had a bit of a wander in the forest before things started, there is mushrooms of some many varieties everywhere, we shall go for a bit of a mushroom hunt tomorrow hopefully.
The people arrived from 1pm on and it was after midnight when we finished. I met a heap of people, relatives and friends of Carmen and caught up with Eddie who stayed with us briefly last year.
The party was a relaxed affair with plenty bratwurst cooked on the open fire grill, indeed all kinds of meat, champagne, wine and beer drunk and even a guitar singalong, I got to talk to a few English speaking persons and experience a bit of Swiss custom. There was a large selection of deserts that many people had made and I discovered the Swiss can even BBQ cheese. Late in the afternoon here not long before the sun went down Pierre took me on a little drive out of the forest to see the alps which were visible far in the distance.
They are over a 100 kms away and when the air is clear you can see them.
There's this odd thing that happens when the sky is blue here, all the high flying planes leave long trails behind
Them that criss cross the sky, it's really interesting to see.
Late in the evening when we returned home I could see the stars, there's no moon at the moment and I
saw the north star for the first time.

The link to our honeymoon photo alum on Facebook is

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71826&id=1323114470




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb