More Teaching - and More Exploring!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
June 20th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

milk vending machine!!!...milk vending machine!!!...milk vending machine!!!...

yep - fresh from the cows!
Hi all,

As another week flew by, the days were filled with teaching, and the weekend packed with sightseeing. This weekend was especially exceptional, as it was marked by the arrival of my cousin and his girlfriend, pausing for a moment on their world motorcycling tour...

We spent the first day walking around town, where I got to show off the local vending machine, restaurant & hill-view... We meandered in the pleasant afternoon sun, enjoying the break from the rain and then enjoyed the 'raclette' that my host-family made for us with great travel-conversations.

The next day, it was rainy and miserable, so we took advantage of the time to sleep in and have an extended brunch. After, we saw that there was a bit of a pause in the downpour, so we set off to see the local castle. We wandered through the old rooms, and had fun with the 'old clothes' and interactive parts of the castle, like the mystery spice station where you had to smell a section and guess the corresponding spice. The castle is near to many districts, so is a classic set-up for schools and field-trips. We took full advantage, dressing up and pressing buttons and touching gadgets every chance we got.

Then we were off to one of my favorite local towns, where we lunched on the best cream filled berry pie imaginable and wandered through the closing markets and along the riverside as the sun began to appear. We strolled through the old cobble-stone streets and I re-told the history of the local buildings and town.

On our scenic tour home, we found another amazing vending machine - fresh milk! It is collected daily form the cows on the farm, and you can drive by at any hour and get a liter to two. We filled our bottle and then made our way home to make some creamy coffee!

More to come,

Trish xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

sometimes you don't even need wordssometimes you don't even need words
sometimes you don't even need words

;-) (one student had just swatted another with the fly swatter - funny, it only happened once!)
Ta-dah...Ta-dah...
Ta-dah...

our creations!


Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb