Zurich for the weekend


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
October 5th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

Michelle and I left Munich for Zurich for the weekend. We decided to go somewhere mellow and just hang out to get away from Oktoberfest. We stayed in a great hostel (City Backpackers) right in the center of town. Zurich is pretty small, but is full of cafes and restaurants. It´s clean, with cute little cobble stone streets, a clean canal, and gorgeous buildings... the downside of Zurich? Its SUPER expensive. Although Switzerland uses the Swiss Franc, which has a better conversion rate to the dollar than the Euro, it does not belong to the European Union. This means that their food, wine, etc. is not subsidised. Meals in Zurich are literally twice as expensive as anywhere else.

The International Film Festival was happening in Zurich, which was exciting. We saw an English Documentary called "Workshop". It was an interesting and bizar movie about self discovery.

Switzerland is known for their chocolate and we took advantadge. We had hot chocolate at one of their famous (and over priced) cafes. We also bought lots of chocolate bars that we ate on the way back to Munich.

Next stop? BERLIN!

Kisses,

Tati

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb