St Gallen, Abtwil


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » St. Gallen
June 23rd 2013
Published: June 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

AbtwilAbtwilAbtwil

An outlying village from St Gallen
Today is raining so not a lot of sight seeing can be done. But, a lot of talking and discussing trips and the different cultural and historical differences we have. We also planned for the time we have in Gersau with Neil and Karilyn which changed from some of our original plans. Some good options.

In the afternoon we drove to Rorschach on the shore of the Bodensee to visit a new building a art gallery by Wurth who is a very rich German. The building houses his large art collection which is changed from time to time. Despite it being a workplace as well as a gallery the local people can come and go as they wish. It is a huge glass building with a very spartan design inside - nothing that would detract from the art. The art itself is contemporary so a matter of taste. There were works by Picasso and Chigal and other well known artists from Europe. Some were interesting, some were horrible and some very good. The building looks out over the water and is much like being on a beach front anywhere with boats and bathing places.

We had a short walk along the shore but it began to rain more persistently so back to the car.

We then drove up onto the hill to visit the ex Austrian Empress's house but being Sunday it was closed.

Then back to Abtwil. Tomorrow is to be a wet day too so we have some alternatives for that event.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb