Hejdo, Osby...hej, hej, Kristianstad!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
June 2nd 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

We are here


Hello my friends around the world! I'd first like to thank Shana for posting some fine text yesterday about our beautiful day in Osby! I recognize the fact that each of us in the team is having different experiences, so from time to time they check in with you as well! I missed you all though, so I thought I'd report back to you this evening!

It's another fine evening in Sweden, and the team members are now situated in Kristianstad or the sea city of Åhus. We began our morning with a trip to Broby, near Osby, at Wanås, a castle, and toured the modern art sculpture garden on the its grounds. It was a beautiful garden that offered interactive (well, some of them we MADE interactive) and thought provoking displays. We collected our thoughts in a peaceful meadow whilst relaxing on log loungers. Very comfortable indeed, if you're wondering!

This afternoon marked presentation number eleven with the small club in Broby. We received another warm reception and then headed to the outdoors again to Barnens Skog, a children's forest! Nestled in the beech and pine were sculptures by three artists of a childlike, whimsical nature. Many of
You can lead a horse to water...You can lead a horse to water...You can lead a horse to water...

and so can Carol and I!
them were also interactive (by intention), so the team couldn't resist a photo opportunity on the snakes carved from a tree!

We met family number seven today in Kristianstad after having parted with our Osby friends. Personally speaking, I had a wonderful time in the country with the chickens (they slept in the barn though), going on nature walks, enjoying the sun, walking horses, talking to the sheep (they're quite conversational) and learning Pippi Longstocking songs!

It's such a fascinating experience to have such wonderful diverse host families who fulfill all these different parts of me! I enjoy it immensely and look forward to maintaining a connection with all of them!
But alas, it's time for bed. Tomorrow is a vocational day for us, and then we reunite for a dinner party in the evening. The team is confident that Kristianstad will not disappoint!
Sov gott,
J


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The sunshine on ShanaThe sunshine on Shana
The sunshine on Shana

In the art garden
Photo oppPhoto opp
Photo opp

Kinda like the Brady Bunch!? Plus one girl...


2nd June 2008

Sweden in my blood
You have gotten me so interested in Sweden I am downloading more ABBA tunes!! Glad to hear that you are having a blast!
5th June 2008

Miss U
Hi everybody, Just want to say we miss you a lot. It was really nice to get to know you all. Have fun and enjoy the rest of your trip! Carol, Jamie -Sixten has recovered and is out playing again :)/Malin

Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb