The Beginning


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
August 26th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Waiting for the trainWaiting for the trainWaiting for the train

This is Oscar, the guy who helped us find the train, and katie who is from Missouri
Hi! Well, we finally arrived in Orebro after what seemed like days of traveling. I ended up running into a girl from SDSU before boarding the plane in Chicago. Both of us were relieved to have a traveling buddy, and it ended up that there were two other girls on our flight going to the same school as us.

We met a guy from our flight who helped us find the right train to take and he showed us a little bit of Stockholm while we were waiting for the train.

Once we got to Orebro, everyone was exhausted but we still took time to walk into town and buy a few things for our rooms, which are about the size of a normal dorm room with a private bathroom. There are 12 or these rooms and then a common living area with a kitchen. I haven’t met very many people in my living area, everyone seems like they have been living here for a while and are doing their own thing.

Last night we went to a pizzeria on campus and then to the city center to experience the nightlife. There are a lot of bars and restaurants downtown and it is very beautiful with a river running through it, I will put up pictures of the downtown area later.

I am not sure how many students went out with us last night, but we filled up a city bus. More people will be arriving today so going out tonight should be lots of fun!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

At the barAt the bar
At the bar

Colleen and Becky, I met these two on the plane
Caroline and ColleenCaroline and Colleen
Caroline and Colleen

This is one of our fadders, she has lived in Orebro her whole life.
View from my roomView from my room
View from my room

Not that much different then Trinity County, except its flat


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb