Hej Sverige!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Västra Götaland County » Skövde
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we finally made it across to Sweden, apologies for the lateness of this blog entry surprisingly internet cafes are hard to come be in Sweden. After arriving on Wednesday in Stockholm, we dont think our jaws have closed, and it hasnt been the architecture or history that weve been amazed at. At least we know why were so good looking! Anyways back to Stockholm, while staying in our hostel in the Old Town (look it up!) we spent our first day taking in the sights, smells and girls that Stockholm has to offer. Deciding to get a hop on hop off ferry ticket we went around a few of the islands. Djugården has to be the highlight of the trip, one big eco park in the middle of Stockholm and it also has the Vasa Museum, dont worry we took pictures of everything as well, pretty impressive how the boat is still in such good condition after 400 years. On the second day we managed to meet up with Daves friend from university Michael Berner, aka Mike the Swede. Luckily he also taught us how to buy booze here. Theres these places called System Bolagets where you have to take a queue number, and order your booze, and they close at 6:00, craziest system. The locals like to call them the Glass Banks, you feel like youre in a lottery. So we went to Mikes house in the Northeast part of Stockholm to watch Spain vs. Russia in the European Cup and share some beers with him and his friends. After one more day of sightseeing we hit the town with some Norwegians from our hostel, and managed to embarrass ourselves on the dancefloor showing off our slick moves. The weather here has also been amazing, weve already got tans and we havent hit Asia yet.

After Stockholm we caught the train yesterday down here to Skövde to meet Daves dreamy Swedish Marine from his days in Belgium Carl Karlsson, Rachelle knows him well. Luckily Carls on 8 weeks paid leave from the Marines so hes been able to show us a great time while weve been here. Skövdes a town about 2 hours south west of Stockholm and has about 60000 people and 60000 volvos. After relaxing in Carls apartment he invited his friends over for a bit of a get together and we all went out afterwards, impressing them with our horrible pronunciation of Swedish songs and our dances, to the point where they thought we were a bit weird. After a late night we managed to find the energy to go minigolfing with Carl, where Jordan finally beat Dave in golf. Tomorrow Carls going to be coming with us to Göteborg and is going to help us in our quest to find Swedish wives, if you dont hear from us in a long time at least youll be safe in the knowledge that theyre really good looking! Anyways hopefully our next blog will be coming to you from there so check this space soon!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb