Day One - Arrived!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County
July 24th 2017
Published: July 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We flew yesterday afternoon from Toronto to Iceland (Rejkiavik) and had a stopover for a couple of hours around midnight. It did finally get darker but not fully dark and not for long! Looked very cool from the air flying in. Then back on another plane to fly to Stockholm. Flights were both quite comfortable and we all had seatback screens so watched movies, etc. Unfortunately, I was the only one who slept and I only got about an hour. So, we arrived in Stockholm and everything went very smoothly with getting baggage, getting the car and driving to the house. One observation from the airport was that given Russell and Nigel's fair hair, I think the locals assumed they were Swedish and when Nigel tried asking them a question, they instantly replied in Swedish to which Nigel replied "I don't understand a word you just said". He was a little gruff but in his defence, he had not yet slept.....Made it to the house which is really cool. Nice neighbourhood which backs onto a wooded trail system and also a small lake. Unloaded the car and literally passed out (all except for Russell who will probably pass out the second he is finished dinner). While Rachel and Nigel both made it to their beds, I had not planned to nap, and so I landed face down on the couch. After a nap, we felt better and headed out to pick up some groceries. Then we got the bikes all road ready (tires pumped, etc) and while Rachel did some homework, the rest of us went out exploring on bikes for a couple of hours. We discovered the lake and the forest with the trails. Biking around this neighbourhood is very safe and there is not much traffic. Quiet night tonight and we will hit the road tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb