Swedan day 3


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County
June 15th 2012
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to visit the brother of Ulf who we are staying with. These brothers are cousins to Ken. Knell and his wife have a beautiful house over looking the waters of the Swedish archipelagos. One of Kjell's daughters, Natalie, was there to meet us too. She is Annika's age. Kjerstin, Annika, and Natalie went swimming in their pool and Annika and Kjerstin taught Natalie how to.play Marco polo😊 We experienced a Swedish grocery store also as Ken, Lorretta and us made supper. The store wasn't much different than any large store in the States except they were all speaking Swedish. We have not had much of a language barrier here though. All Swedish schools teach the students many languages starting about third grade. They like practicing their English skills with us and we are trying to speak some Swedish with them to practice our skills. I can see how a complete language and cultural emmersion would be fast way to learn. You would make many mistakes but you would learn quick! I love just sitting and listening to them talk even though I don't understand much. I watch body language and facial cues while just taking in the beautiful sounds, like an art form.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb