The end of the journey


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
June 1st 2016
Published: June 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

So, my first solo trip ends today, therefore I wanted to make a summary of my journey. It may be longer than usual, but it can give you some good ideas about the main city of Scandinavia.



The cities :





Really interesting :



Copenhagen is a great city with beautiful buildings, museums and castles. There is a contrast really well done between the old and the new in the whole city.

Roskilde is a little city near to Copenhagen and it is a must to do. Especially the cathedral.

Stockholm is a big city. The buildings are really impressive. This is where I've bought my best souvenirs.









Interesting :



Bergen is a nice city on the west coast of Norway. This is a destination for the lovers of nature. The city itself may have not much to offer, but its fjords and the train from Oslo will show you many beautiful landscapes.

Göteborg is the second biggest city of Sweden. Unfortunalety, I didn't stay long enough in this city, but from what I've seen, this city has still a lot of nice places that I didn't see.








Good to see :



Helsingor is not really an interesting city from my point of view, but the castle of Hamlet is truly a good one and it deserves to be seen. So if you have time during your stay in Denmark, it may be a good thing to do.










Disapointing :



Oslo is not what I can call a nice city. There are a few museums, but they are really expensive. The life in general is very expensive there and there's not much more to offer than the other cities. Maybe it will be better when the constructions will be finished.

Narvik is absolutely not worthy of the travel in May. This is to late to see aurora borealis and the city has nothing to see. To come back in Winter.






The best places :





The cathedral of Roskilde is obviously one of my best memories from this trip. Everything is really solemn and impressive.

Rosenborg's castle is the most beautiful castle that I visited and its treasury shows some of the best jewelries, I've ever seen.

The parcs in general are nice and relaxing in Copenhagen.

The islands near Göteborg are perfect for long marches in nature.

The six hours of train between Bergen and Oslo shows lots of breathtaking landscapes. Norway in a nutshell may be a bit expensive, but it is totally worth doing.

Finally, the hiking routes and the fjords are just amazing, especially in Norway.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb