Hello from Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
May 16th 2006
Published: May 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody,

We are just about to leave the beautiful city of Stockholm Sweden behind.
We spent the night at a hostel dowtown in a cool old building. Everything here is just beautiful. The architecture is just beyond description. Walking through Gamla Stan (the old town) is like stepping back in time. There are bridges everywhere which connect the different islands to each other (the city is spread out over several islands big and small). There are parks everywhere and full of swans, ducks and pigeons of course.
We went to the main harbour and saw an awesome reproduction of a dragon prowed long ship. It looked so authentic, you could almost picture a crew of vikings on board.
We are nearly broke so we never made it to any museums, but the whole city itself looks like a museum, so I don't feel like we've missed out too much.
We shared a hostel room with a really nice Australian named Troy. He lives in Vancouver now and is into all the same music Mike loves. We spent the whole night sharing stories and laughing our butts off.
A Swede we met in Norway told us the Göteborg was a much better city then Stockholm so we made the choice to stay 2 nights there. What a mistake!!! After spending some time here in Stockholm, we've realized how wrong he was. This is one city that we should have spent much more time exploring....oh well, were out of money so we have to keep moving on.
In about 4 hours we are leaving for our ferry trip to Helsinki. The voyage takes 17 hours over the ocean and the ship we are on is absolutely massive! We booked a sleeper cabin so Iäm very much looking forwad to our first "cruise" on this trip.
Tomorrow we arrive in Helsinki where we will tour around for two days before heading to Turku Finland. From there we hope to hit Oulu and then return to Helsinki to end our trip.
As we've learned, things don't always go as planned on these adventures, so I will be sure to update you all soon.

Take care, see you soon enough 😊

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY JENNY POOH!!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR SECOND YEAR AS SUPERMOM!!! Sorry I'm late.......
Give Logan big hugs and kisses from Auntie Erin!

Advertisement



16th May 2006

Hello to Sven and Helga
I knew you'd get into this seeing new places, meeting new people thing.. Seems like with "freezing your asses off" and "laughing your butts off"" you're going to come back with no rearends at all!!! Can't wait for your next experience. xxoo Pat
16th May 2006

Don't Give up!!!! You'll make it!! LOL
Hey Guys, Wow! That's all I can say at this moment. It sounds like a trip of a life time. Although you hit some rough patches what journey would be complete without the struggles. It appears you have run in to some financial issues. I don't have much but if you could use any money while your there please let me know and I can e-mail you some. It's a once in a life time opportunity..besides we have three pay checks in June. Good luck you two! We miss you! Krista
17th May 2006

Hey guys! I'm so glad that you are having fun. You are missed though. The dogs were fantastic! I love those girls! We went to the park everyday, it was awesome. I'm still brushing the hair off my clothes though. See ya soon. Nick say's Hi, by the way.
17th May 2006

Sup Bitchas
Gald to see you guys are having a good time on your trip. Dont leave anyhting behind--Live dam you Live. Why the hell aren't you in Norway for Norway day. Take care and good luck!!! Smitty.
17th May 2006

Do me a small favour
Can you go back to Sweden and go to the town of Grums, birthplace of Daniel Alfredsson... and maybe punch his mother in the throat. Much appreciated. Thanks. (glad to hear you are having fun. I was talking to some metal head about a Canadian band called "3 Inches of Blood". Do you know them? I looked like a loser as I had to shrug my shoulders.) Peace.
18th May 2006

Kurwa Mach!!!!!
WAsssuuuupppppp! Hello creepy crawlies, talking to you directly from 194 Macy BLVD, in da house!!!!!!! Anyways your dogs have been divine(especially BELLEBELLE,but especially TIGS), but they miss you horribly! It was funny actually the day that Elaine and I switched because I thin k the dogs thought that I was Mike and Elaine was Erin!! Anyways, i hope you guys are loving your trip (you guys aren't missing anything here that's for sure) and don't get lazy with your blogs!!! Peace, Adam
20th May 2006

The Dogs Are Doing Well And In Good Hands
Took over for Adam. Things are going well. Took the madames for a walk today. They're always on the move. Anabelle seems to enjoy grass quite a bit, so Im keeping an eye on her. Dont worry about anything and have a fuckin' blast. Dont look at things going not as planned, as a bad thing. Thats the beauty of what you're doing--is all about. Like I said, don't leave anything behind; not possesions, but moments and experiences. Try everything (within reason) and LIVE DAM YOU!!! LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (when I wrote the last Four words, I picturing Schwratzneger saying it) Mike.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb