Finland the Fabulous!!!


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Southwest Finland » Turku
May 20th 2006
Published: May 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all you adorable blog readers.
Thanks so much for all the comments and updates about our beloved pooches. I knew they were the best but its great to hear it from others! Adam and Elaine, you must have been yelling at each other or dancing to have fooled the girls into thinking that you were us, good work!
Thanks so much for the offers for money you silly Eco bitches! I love you guys, but honestly, don't worry about us, were doing ok.
So, we spent the last 4 days in Helsinki in a lovely little cabin just outside the city. Finland is everything we'd hoped for and more. The city isn't as impressive as Stockholm or Bergen, but the people here are beyond fabulous!
Everyone looks like us! There are even middle aged men and women walking around with purple pig tails and piercings galore.
We've been mistaken for locals so much that they are shocked when we don't understand them when they speak Finnish to us.
We spent the last few days cruising through the market, visiting the zoo and checking out the National Museum of Finland. We've finally figured out how to save some doe so we will make it.....I think!
We just arrived in Turku today (this used to be the capital of Finland when Sweden stilled owned this place). The hostel is really nice but Mike and I are in seperate dorms. We found some delicious local treats (they have mega candie stores that sell everything and anything) so we've been gorging ourselves on snickers bars and chocolate bananas.
Tonight we'll lay low and hang out in the lounge since it is pissing rain outside. Tomorrow we hope to visit the Turku Castle (our first castle yet) and some other local attractions. Then we're off to Oulu for 5 days to soak in the atmosphere up north.
Smitty, we expect to be back around 11:00 Wednesday night on the 30th of May, we'll call you once were in town.
Thanks for all the comments and support. You guys rock!!!
See you in 2 weeks if we don't fade away into Finnish society......


Mikes Corner- Our voyage so far has been plentyful with treasures from near and far. The Women have been...Oh Wait I mean the sights have been great. Dad, we will be back in Helsinki for the nights of the 27th, 28th and 29th. We've reserved a cabin for the 27th and 28th already but the 29th is still up in the air. I've travelled land and sea raping and pilaging as I go without erins help on the raping thing. Anyways A Vikings got to do what a Vikings got to do. Remember smitty don't erase any of my elder scrolls games or their will be many of rape(for you).

I've seen the tops of ice covered mountains to the grass filled valleys down below.
I've seen nords, swedes and finns some stopping to say hellö.
I've seen drunks with poo in the pants and wine in the hands.
I've seen ice cream and silky boners all across the lands.

I've seen many great things wherever I roam
Still I wish to see you all when I get home.

P.S. don't erase my elder scrolls games, or rape lot's of rape!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Advertisement



20th May 2006

elder scroll
not that impressive
20th May 2006

hi again
r u back 1100 pm or 1100am?
21st May 2006

poetry
It's not quite "the heartbeat of the house is Hogan", Mike, but it's nice to hear your voice. Adam ( with Nick) went to see Davinci Code on Friday and who should be sitting behind him but... our own little Swede - Alfredsson!!! He was shocked, he was astounded, he was speechless - And so was Adam!!! Did you know that Alfie has a baby brother who's as tall as you twin guys??? He was there too. The Code is a good movie. I'm so glad you feel so comfortable in Finland. Love to you both. Mom/Pat

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb