Stockholm - 27/6/09 to 29/6/09


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 1st 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

27/6/09
It took a bus, a commuter train and the metro to get to the party in Stockholm, so the party was in full swing by the time we got there. It was a different kind of party than what we're used to (we usually just fill an eski with beers, have a bbq and put some music on), but they'd gone to a great deal of trouble making these amazing cocktails. The deal was that everyone would bring something, and Egil had taken charge of mixing drinks for everyone (I was particularly impressed by the ice shot glasses, see photos). It was great to meet all their friends, who were all really nice, and we stayed up late talking and drinking freestyle cocktails. Thanks for a great night guys! Chars!

28/6/09
We decided to spend a night at a hostel and chose a floating one on a boat in the middle of Stockholm, The Rygerfjord. Jonas had told us of a particular hostel like this one that was meant to be a real party hostel.... we booked online thinking this was it, but it was the wrong one oops!

A big thanks to Martin who drove us there twice... firstly to deliver our luggage and book in. Then we went back to his place to play games like 'Give me the brain' and have a wonderful dinner that we made together with tacos (including creme fraiche as sour cream)....Then Martin drove us back to the hostel for the second time that day. We were really touched by his and Josephine's kindness and generosity towards us.... They are always welcome to come to Oz and stay at our place with the little one who is on the way!! Thanks guys!!

So the we just had a quiet one at the hostel that night. We got some great pictures (check em out) and had a reasonably early one.

29/6/09
The next morning , as we has paid an extra $10, we got up earlyish for the buffet breakfast.... which was crap! the toast took about 10 minutes to toast not very well.. there was no bacon or scrambled eggs and there was sill..... which is a swedish delicacy.... pickled herring with a really yucky texture..... I tried to like it a few times, then just gave up! gross!!

We then looked around Stockholm a bit before catching

30/6/09

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb