Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 20th 2008
Published: August 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Stockholm Saturday evening and headed to our hotel Rica Kungsgaten. We explored around the hotel and shared a calzone for dinner.

We slept in Suday morning and enjoyed a large breakfast. The hotel offers: crepes, eggs, bacon, sausage, sliced meats and cheeses, cereal, fresh fruit, fresh breads, and much more. After breakfast, we walked along Gamla Stan, old town Stockholm. We stopped in front of the palace and at 1:15 watched a spectacular changing of the guards, complete with calvary, and a mounted brass band. They are not always mounted, but we were lucky! It was like marching band to the extreme. Talk about playing music and moving all while mounted on a horse. After the changing of the guards we toured the armory. As Sweden's oldest museum it contains suits of armor, clothing from the royals since the 17th century, and royal carriages below. We walked along listening to an audioguide that told about the history of Sweden's royalty. We then took a walking tour of the city, and watched the lock system that raised boats a yard to go from sea to lake.



......rest to come when I find my moms travel
Mounted Brass BandMounted Brass BandMounted Brass Band

This was the brass band that played at the changing of the guards.
journal. Too many things to keep straight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb