Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
April 13th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Stockholm was a lot of fun! It is such a beautiful city - there aren't many monuments, so we had a really fun time just wandering around all the islands. We found some free museums to go to, so we even learned a little bit about the history - it's a really interesting and rich history! We also went to the National Museum and Modern Museum, which we had to pay to go into, but I'm glad we did!

I went with Sarah, a girl from Australia - it was her first time seeing snow! We went on a boat tour which was really great - it got kind of chilly, but we were able to see a lot of interesting sites and learn some of the history of the city. We spent a lot of time going to cafes - whenever we got too cold, we'd stop for a little warm up! Everyone spoke English, but it was still weird being in a country where we couldn't understand the native language.

One of the best parts of the trip was a free concert we found. It was just some lady singing and a guy playing piano in a church, but it was absolutely amazing. It was an old church near the castle and they had all the lights off in the church with some candles sitting around...it was such a great experience. She sang a couple songs in English and I even recognized some of the songs she sang in Swedish. We went to a cute restaurant in a cave-type place and, of course, I had some Swedish meatballs...so good! Stockholm also has the best kebabs I've tried so far! 😊

We did couchsurfing again, so we saved money that way. The guys we stayed with the first couple nights took us out to clubs, so it was a lot of fun to do that!

We thought about taking a day trip to Oslo, Norway, but I'm kind of glad we didn't because it made the stay in Sweden a lot more relaxing - we were able to do things that were outside of the normal 'touristy' things!

*I'm having problems loading pictures, so I'll try again tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb