Stockholm Take 2


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
November 16th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Conga LineConga LineConga Line

Yeah it was great!
Well, I left on Friday the 9th from Brussels Airport to Stockholm. We managed a cheap flight with Sterling, an outfit from Denmark. It was good for such a short flight. Anyway, we arrived without any problems, exchanged our money, and then wandered through everything until we found Johan and Robin. Monica spotted them first, much to my embarassment. We walked through the airport, thinking to eat there, but everything was closed. There was a Convention going on and they were doing a conga line with some women dressed up like Carnivale. You could see alot. Anyway, we took the airport train to the Central Station and ate there at O'Leary's, which I had experienced before.

It's an American Irish pub. They have alot of them in Sweden. They're based out of Boston. I had a burger and fries. Monica had chicken quesadillas. It was good and they gave us plenty to drink. We left there and took the train to Haninge. We saw Robin's new apartment. It's nice for just him. He has plenty of room I think. Anyway, we bedded down for the night and the next morning we got up and went to the Museum of Natural
Palace GuardPalace GuardPalace Guard

Standing guard over the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
History. We saw the Amazon movie at the Cosmonova IMAX theater and looked at stuff in the museum. They had a Swedish nature exhibit that was cool. I got to see foxes, moose, owls, bears, wolves, reindeer, elk, and other fun things like bats. They had a good photo exhibit too of different climates and places around the world.

Then, we went to Gamla Stan and walked about and ate at a little Italian place. After that, we went to Haninge again and saw a concert of three local bands. It was okay. Sunday brought a boat tour of Djurgarden. It was okay, but I highly recommend the ferry to Drottningham instead. We saw the Royal Palace, Rosendale, and some other places. We walked about Gamla Stan and bought some souvenirs before stopping in a cafe. After that, Johan and I went to Mia's. She now shares an apartment with her friend. It was a nice apartment, but she said you have to be careful about the homeless people. The view of the city was beautiful though.

We went to the airport then and I dropped Johan off. After that, back to the Central Station to meet Robin and back to Haninge. We had swedish meatballs and spaghetti for dinner and then went to bed. Monday we just messed around before leaving.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb