Swedish Food and Swedish Men


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we went out to climb the city hall tower, which provided a great 360 degree view of the city. Afterwards we went with Laura and the kids to Zum Franzikaner - the oldest restaurant in Stockholm (opened in 1416!). It was right on the water, so it used to be a drinking and eating hall for all of the sailors back in the day. Here they serve authentic traditional Swedish food. Going out on a limb we all tried something new. Laura and Suzanne both had the deer - which means reindeer. It was served with boiled potatoes and lingon berries. Their deer was nearly raw, because as it turns out if you cook reindeer thoroughly it is so hard you can't chew it. I decided to try a sampler of herring, prepared three different ways. All ways had there own seasoning, and they were also all raw! I didn't really eat much, but at least I tried! So I don't really have a taste for Swedish food, but there is plenty to eat that is not "traditional."

In terms of Swedish people, and men in particular, we have found them to be some of the most beautiful we have ever seen! The men tend to be very fashionable (we might call them "metro" in the united states) and have fair and slight features. In fact, we have decided that they are too pretty - almost disturbingly so.

But one thing we do like is they do not approach women, or hassle them by any means. There is no cat-calling here, or pinching, or stares - it is actually quite refreshing.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb