A Cold Trip to Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
February 10th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ah it’s been awhile, I apologize! Lots has happened since I last wrote, we went to Stockholm a few weeks ago and it was great. Very cold, but nice. We all decided that going to a party the night before we had to catch the morning train to Stockholm was a good idea, but of course it wasn’t. We got home from the party with enough time to sleep for about an hour and a half before we had to catch the bus to the Karlstad train station. When I was getting on the bus in the morning, my friend Reinhard was getting off the bus to come home, he apparently decided to stay at the party drinking till 6am…which I am glad we didn’t do!! After we arrived in Stockholm, we decided to walk to the hostel we had booked, it ended up being about 6km I think, and we got lost because the map we had was inaccurate and had the wrong address. We called one of the girls who was already there (who sensibly opted to take a cab instead of walk) and she told us the hostel was in a forest. The 7 of us were standing at the side of a large road, with no forest in sight. After an hour of looking, we eventually found our destination, despite the fact that everyone we talked to in the area had no clue what we were talking about. We dropped our stuff off at the hostel and set out for the city. We grabbed some coffee, walked around, took a lot of pictures, did a bit of shopping and went to a very nice restaurant for dinner. I had a “corn chicken”, which I am still not exactly sure what it was. It was very good, on some pasta with veggies. It was typical Stockholm though, where even tap water cost 10 kronor!! We headed back to the hostel where we drank a bit and decided to go out to a club. We took the bus and subway back into the city, but at that point, two of the guys we were with were so drunk, they couldn’t have gotten into any club or bar so they decided to go back, along with two others. So myself and three other girls went to Grodan, a bar/dancefloor in Stockholm. It was nice, although we didn’t stay for long because it was getting late, and we all kind of wanted to go back. The next day, we got up early, had breakfast at the hostel and went back into the city. We saw the royal palace and took a ferry to Djurgården, one of the islands. We didn’t have a whole lot of time for sightseeing though, as we had a hockey game to go to in the afternoon. We ended our Stockholm trip with a Sweden/Finland hockey game at Globen, the “Globe Arena,” where Sweden won, 1-0. It was a good weekend, got to meet some new people and see Stockholm for the first time. I can’t wait to go back when it is warm and not so cold though!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Kelston and Alex in the subway stationKelston and Alex in the subway station
Kelston and Alex in the subway station

This is why they had to go home early...I'm not sure how legal drinking wine in public is here
BoatBoat
Boat

The boat we took
View of StockholmView of Stockholm
View of Stockholm

This is a pretty tourist-y shot, taken from an observation tower in the city


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb