Border antclimax


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Jämtland County
June 23rd 2018
Published: June 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were getting ready to leave Sweden for Norway. Norway is not in the EU. We had found out Jeffrey needed a tape worm treatment between 1 and 5 days before entering Norway. The nearest vet to where we were was 150 miles away so it needed some planning. We went to Ostersund and a very nice vet gave Jeffery his pill in a piece of meat. After paying the bill we were now able to cross. The book talked of avoiding busy times at the border as you will have to queue. Lots of Norwegians shop, particularly alcohol, in Sweden as it is cheaper. On Thursday we set off for the border. We suddenly realised we had not got the passports out of the safe so stopped in a layby and got them ready. All prepared we drove on. We flashed past a sign and I said to Bernie, "I think that said Norway! " We drove on and the signs had changed so yes we were in Norway. We were slightly disappointed that we had almost missed it so we did a hasty three point turn to go back to Sweden and celebrate properly as we entered Norway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb