The journey begins.......


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Gotland County
September 26th 2015
Published: September 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The alarm was set for 02.50am a time usually dedicated to returning party goers it certainly was an early start.

We arrived one by one all a little bleery eyed at Newcastle airport and by 4.30am the group were complete and ready to start our journey.

There is always that moment when the suitcase hits the scales that you wonder if the kitchen sink was the only thing you left behind but we all checked our bags in under the limit.

There were rumours the 6am flight was booked by our colleagues because it was the cheaper option but we know the real reason was to maximize our first day and give us plenty of time to settle in.

We arrived at schiphol airport in what seemed to be a matter of minutes with some breathtaking views on the way and after navigating round this huge airport we boarded our connecting flight to gothenburg.

My relentless talk of the exciting work programme ahead got a little too much for some of the group who took the chance of a power nap and before we knew it we had arrived to a luscious backdrop of woodlands.

We hit a slight delay on arrival with our rooms not ready for another 3 hours but this gave us the chance to start exploring the city and get our bearings.

Once checked into our rooms the group were pleased to discover the WiFi ? is decent enough and all was right with the world again.

Time to recharge the batteries and get some much needed ?




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



28th September 2015

Hello!!!
Hi Folks! Pleased you made it safetly to your destination! Hope you all have a fab time and enjoy the experience, including you Peter you lucky man! Keep the photo coming, stay safe guys. x

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb