Emergency surgery


Advertisement
Europe » Spain
August 24th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.5999, -5.57175Up and off to do some sightseeing before leaving for Leon - Oviedo is famous for pre-Romanesque architecture, but most of it was not readily accessible on foot, so I decided to check out Fuente Foncalada, which was one of a few examples close to the city centre. A bit of a disappointment! Off to the cathedral to see the inside - there's a belief that if you turn three t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zdzd
zd

I took a smaller female clip from another part of the backpack, to anchor the large male clip in place. In hindsight, I didn't need this small female clip to get it to work, but after the effort, I didn't want to take it off. Either way, it was a real pain any time I needed to adjust the pack. I'm going to start carrying extra waist belt clips with me when I travel. It's amazing how much pain a $1 clip can save you!
zeze
ze

Deja vu - dinner was an exact replay of lunch, but without the beautiful senorita from the bus station to kidnap ... uh ... look at ... while eating.
gg
g

Leon's city centre - shockingly, this tacky Disney-like building was designed by Antonio Gaudi!!! You'd think it was a castle, but it was actually a bank building.
dd
d

Food by the cathedral - my meagre dinner supplement of bad store-brand honey-roasted nuts, a peach, and a pineapple-coconut yogurt drink were like some bad assortment of tapas, which I shall call crapas. Funny how a crappy meal seems infinitely better when eaten from a vantage point such as this.
zfzf
zf

I didn't want a big bottle of the yogurt drink, but it was cheaper than buying a few smaller ones. I didn't take a picture of the peach like I did on the La Coruna beach, because "Peach at the cathedral" doesn't have the same ring as "Peach on the beach".
zizi
zi

Signs on the ground indicating the path for the St. James trail.
zgzg
zg

Two pilgrims. I actually hope they're not together because if they are, it means the woman is carrying everything, since the guy has no visible backpack.
ee
e

Cool building.
zhzh
zh

Some remains of an old Roman wall.
ii
i

Leon's cathedral - pretty magical at night.
hh
h

Leon's cathedral - even more magical at night with a gelato. It was Kinder flavoured, and the first gelato of the trip, since most shops I've come across so far didn't offer any that was homemade. And a funny thing - a Chinese guy walked by, talking on his cell phone in Spanish. I chuckled to myself, thinking "He must've learned Spanish because he met a beautiful Spanish girl!"



8th October 2009

Tricky. Go with the one with ears.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb