Dave and Phil do Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 31st 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hopefully by the time you have finished reading this blog you will have started searching for cheap flights to Spain. Barcelona seems like it's always time to have fun, and this coupled with Gaudis impressive buildings littered throughout the city makes it a must stop for any traveller. Dave and Phil (a uni friend of Nic's) spent half a day amazed by the Segrada Familia and made a pact to return in 15 or so years time when it is finished. Guide books spouting words like "Gaudis genius ... inspiring works ... brilliance ..." don't mean anything until you sit down and try to comprehend how it was he managed to accomplish so much so long ago.

After Barcelona, Dave and Phil travelled down to Valencia where they visited the aquarium and science centre. Then they journeyed on to Granada, where they marvelled at the Alhambra, before heading on to Seville and home.

Spring is a perfect time to visit, the sun sets really late at night and it's a nice temperature. Dave really enjoyed the relaxed feel and enjoyed the food even more!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb