Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 1st 2006
Published: June 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
This travel blog there will be no photos as we cant downlowed onto this computer.
It is my turn to write the blog entry and what can i say a lot has happend.
Last we wrote we were in France, well we have headed south to spain. The journey down was long, we left around 9.30 in the morning after saying fearwell to Tíms aunty and uncle, quite sad as their house had become a home for us for severly weeks - but time to let them have some normalty back in their lives.

After aprox 8 hours driving we pulled into a cheep motel on the side of the motoway (formular 1 motel). We had heard they we cheap / basic but very clean. Cost 28 euros.

We were at this stage only a couple of hours from Spain. So when morning came we shot out of there in antisipation for the hot weather. The more we drove the more the temperature gage got up and up and up!!!! We got very excited. The Spainish coast was meant to be the best, so thats where we headed first.

Costa Brava - first region on the coast.

After not too much trouble we got to a beautiful town called St Feliu de guixols. To my suprise, i managed to locate a hotel on the top of a cliff over looking the beach and town. I say surprised because through out this journey / hoilday i have been absoultly pathetic at reading a map, and on numerous occasions takin us in the wrong direction. Tim said if we ever did the ¨greatest race¨ We would have lessions in map reading.

We Intially booked in for three nights, but after realising what a fantastic location we stumbled accross we stayed further two nights. The week was great, the weather was above 30 and we did a lot of exploring, including Barcelona and guess what Jeremy we decided to drive in, not to horrific but we went on sunday so trafic was low. Well Barcelona was huge lots of very intresting characters to say the least but a must do if in Spain.

All in all we saw a lot of very intresting place and little villages. But we were definately over spending on meals and drinks and time to move on and camp a while. Get this though we when we went to check out of our hotel the had not charged us for any drinks, we had during our stay and we had a lot!!!!! We left feeling very pleased and chuffed even. HA HA AHA HA.
We drove then to the next reagion along the coast of Costa Durada, we managed to find a fantastic camp site. It was the first camp site we came to it is not on the beach this does not matter it is very similar to club med. We are staying for three nights. Camping is intresting the first night it poured with rain, our tent held out though. We are very primitive on our little site compared to the ultra experenced campers around us. It is fantastic all the diffrent languages of people.

Just a question to you all If you were driving along a deserted road and all of a sudden you saw a girl on a chair under a beach unbrella with no beach in site what would you think?

We have seen in one day around four girls on diffrent roads in the middle of nowhere just sitting!! We have an idea but im not sure.

One thing that also fascinated me was people living in man made huts along the motoways, unbelievable.

So thats it for it has been an eye opner and sure there will be more to come. Untill next time Love to you all and hopfully we will get a few more phots in of our fantastic tans.

I have even got my boobs out.

Please email us so we no what you have been doing,

Tim & Mel.

Advertisement



2nd June 2006

Map Reading
I feel your pain re map reading - I feel your pain re map reading. Sounds like you are having a great time! Looking forward to the next photo's

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb