Under the Madrileno (Madrid) Night Sky


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 13th 2011
Published: June 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

First of all, we want you all to know that we appreciate your e-mails and comments. It's great to hear from you!!

Now, on to the blog . . .

Adventure, adventure, adventure. Yesterday's new experience involved putting Lady and The Tramp on the train in Getafe (which stops for only a few minutes) and then getting them off in Madrid-Atocha, where the train again stops for just a few minutes, barely time to the get the bikes off.
We figured the train would not be full as it was a Sunday evening, but such was not the case. It was packed with people with babies in strollers and old people with large suitcases and young people all dressed up for date night. And, of course, trying to keep the bikes from rolling or falling as the train swerved through curves and tunnels demanded all my upper arm strength. But all was well, and we arrived at the Atocha Station safe and sound.

Ken Fiedler, a Warm Showers host, met us at the Tortuga (Turtle) Pond at the Station. What a terrific guy. He walked us to his lovely apartment where his partner prepared a delicious dinner and we ate on the terrace at 10 p.m.!!! Then Bill and I spread our sleeping bags on the chaises and slept grandly under the Spanish sky under the light of a slightly cloudy moon.

We didn't awake until 8 a.m. this morning. We've showered, eaten breakfast, and done a load of laundry. Now it's off to walk the streets of the neighborhood, discovering what we can.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb