Day 14 Bujaraloz to Monroyo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 27th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Up early on the road at 7.40am with a change of weather, now overcast & windy. 1st part of the day through level/boring farmland. Not sure what that had been spreading but happy to put that behind. After a while dropped to a different level to reach the river Ebro. The river was dammed nearby so a wide expanse & from there climbed up the other side to reach the original target of Alcaniz at 11.00am.
Bearing in mind the next day is 60 miles with climbs decided to put in some more miles today. Helpful girl in the tourist office booked accommodation in Monroyo about 22 miles further on. Had lunch in Alcaniz & then set off at 1.20pm to do the additional miles. In Alcaniz locked the bikes to a street sign. Looked back to see this said “no parking in the square”. Over lunch the weather changed, hot & no wind.
Soon after leaving town the road climbed all the way to Monroyo. Along the way saw signs saying all passes open so assume can bit hit by snow in the winter. As town approached could see rain approaching & caught this for last 2 miles. 1st rain since leaving home. Checked into lovely hotel in the village 2900 feet above sea level with a population of 300. Arrived at 4.30pm. As we unloaded a chap from Bermondsey said hello, the 1st English person outside UK. Now lives in the village & works in the hotel. Both delighted to have done the extra miles today.
Miles 60.8 total miles 753.2.
Ascent 3973 feet total ascent 38,126 feet.
Spaniards in berets 1.
Major rivers crossed 1.
Wet miles 2.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb