Tarifa


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
December 23rd 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up sticks & away by 9.30am headed for the other side of Algeciras. Beautiful scenery on the way especially headed out of Algeciras, with the views of the ports and Gibraltar. Quite a bit of rain. Went to Jardin de Torre, nice looking site on their web site, supposedly 5 star!!! Not so. May well have been 10 years ago but even so pitches were very small. Left there and tried another site along the road - steep roads uo into the hills, or noisy places right on the beach. Then went to Rio Jara campsite - very nice, nice people & a nice pitch, lots of room. Decided to stay over Christmas.



Hellish night weather wise, heavy rain and thunder storms, woken up in middle of the night by two lightening strikes which were right close by. Cleared up in the morning & although windy still the sun came out & it was quite warm. Had a fantastic walk along the beach - absolutely stunning!! Got the sat TV system working but will have to work out how to change orientation/band and how to find English sats. Will try on line.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb