Last 100


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
October 17th 2010
Published: October 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Heh there

No pics today. Just a quick note to say we´re actually down to the last 68 km.
Interesting though because its the last 100 km people have to walk and get their stamps in their pilgrim books to get the certificate at the end. Its quite serious business. The problem for those of us who have already walked 700 or more km is that we have become a bit snobbish (possibly arrogant - even as Canadians) to the week-long pilgrims. We are in the wrong. It is not up to us to set the rules. however I do have 2 issues. 1. Noise level. The groups are bigger so the talking is louder. We have become accustomed to peace and quiet. I hushed someone today in the most polite way possible and with a smile. It worked but was I right to do so? Problem 2: peeing in the bush has become way more difficult (and not because of the bushes)!
That being said, we wouldn´t trade any of it. The scenery and weather continue to be amazing. The bodies are tired and sore but the legs are strong and can handle all hills! The friendships have been special. We have decided to decrease the mileage for the last few days, why rush if you don't need to. We will arrive on Thursday in Santiago, God willing of course. Hopefully we can send pics from there if not sooner.
I'm sure we will have words of wisdom that day (in 2 languages)!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb