Barcelona 18/06/10 - 20/06/10


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

18/06/10

We arrive at our campground around 1600. We are staying a Camping Barcelona in Mataro which is about 30mins from Barcelona centre but has a free shuttle and good train service to the city centre, it is also alot quieter and has a quiet beach 1km up the road. This evening we walk the boulevard to the beach and have dinner at the campground restaurant.

19/06/10

Big day today. We caught the free shuttle to the city centre to explore the attractions of Barcelona. There were fantastic shops everywhere and within an hour I had brought shoes and clothes. Unfortunately alot of restoration work was occuring so alot of the cathedrals had netting and cranes in front of them. First stop was the gothic Cathedral Barcelona which was large and had a court yard with a pond with geese and frogs. A small cathedral we came acros had a wedding in progress. For lunch I tried the traditional spanish dish Paella whcih I actually enjoyed, the one I tried at home i didnt like. Because we were too cheap to pay for a Gondala we climbed a large hill of gardens too Castell de Montjuic fortress, which had fantastic views over the city. Then took the subway too Park Guell which contained buildings that looked like something out of Hansell and Gretall, there was also the famous lizard thing all by that famous Gaudi guy. We then visited his cathedral the Sagrada Familia with 18 towers, 100m high, represents the 12 apostles. Work was occuring inside and the floor had been ripped out, there was neating everywhere and it was very disappointing.

20/06/10

Today we drove along the Spanish coast to Tossa de Mar which was a pretty beach town with a fortress at the end of the beach. The beach was crowded and there was alot of topless ladies! After a picnic and some sunbathing we drove back across the boarder to France


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb