Stage 19 - La Vega de Sariego to Oviedo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 3rd 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 27


Friday 24th April



Up and out of the albergue early, we walked 10km into Pola de Siero where we stopped for some brerakfast, and so Dav could perform some surgery on his feet. He keeps getting blisters on the soles of his feet which are obviously very painful as he can´t really take the pressure of them when walking, plus they are really deep and extrememly hard to get to to drain with the needle and thread method.



The walk today was not very scenic and mostly on roads so it was quite a tough day, especially for Dav who hobbled the whole way. One of the blister burst just as we were coming into Oviedo, and so he limped along in thongs the last 2km to reach the albergue... poor thing. But we eventually made it to the albergue by 5pm, managing to beat the rain that had been looming all day.



After a quick shower, we set off into town for dinner to celebrate Elisabeth´s last day of walking. She only has 4 weeks holiday so this was as far as she could make it in the time she had. She then hopes to come back next year, when she has accumulated more holidays, and continue on from Oviedo to Santiago. We found a great cafe/bar/resturant and had a really lovely dinner. The waiter was a champ, shouting us a selection of drinks to try at the end of our meal. Lovely way to celebrate our last nigth with Eliasabeth. She has been our semi-constant companion for a good chunk of the way and we will miss her!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

My feetMy feet
My feet

- Day 27 -


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb