Joy. Or lack there of.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
February 8th 2009
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

January 29th, 10:30 am

So yesterday was out last day of crash course so I got home early to discover that the internet was finally working! After I skyped for 3 hours, Dama's niece and her two kids came over for lunch/ to stay the weekend- which was both awesome and awkward. Angela is 8 and we were best friends within 5 minutes of knowing each other, obviously. David is 13 and well on his way to being a classy little Spanish gentleman. Their mom, Maria del Mar (yes, that's her name. Maria of the sea. if that's not the coolest thing I've ever heard...) is awesome but speaks really fast so its hard to understand her and then I feel stupid for making her repeat herself. (PS I think someone is teaching Opera lessons in our building because I can hear someone belting as clear as if they were standing right next to me).

Anyway, since we didn't have class this morning we decided to go out last night. As it turns out, it wasn't as easy as it sounds. We went to Puerto del Sol, our favorite place, as a huge group and tried to decided where to go but no one could agree on anything. This guy came up to us and gave us free passes to go to "Joy", which is a pretty big disco in Sol. So we got in line, but for reasons unbeknownst to us, the tuxedo clad bouncers only let three of us in- me being one of them. So after a lot of chaos we finally go in and guess what? THERE IS NOT A SOUL THERE. There was music, bars, tables, lights, dry ice, etc. Everything that would one would expect to be in a club. BUT NO PEOPLE. Except for the tuxedo clad bartenders. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced. Needless to say we left, met back up with our group and went to another bar, in the meantime losing two girls from our group who slipped into a sketchy disco and didn't bother to tell us. Cool. So the rest of us went to find another bar, which we did. Much better than Joy. We just sat and relaxed and had 2 Euro beers for about an hour before calling it a night- keep in mind were still incredibly jet lagged at this point.

And now I'm just laying in bed avoiding socializing with Dama's family because I'm not awake enough to attempt to speak Spanish yet. Oye.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb