Celestial Canary Island Cruise - Day 1 En route to El Ferrol


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
January 26th 2023
Published: January 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - A day at Sea en route to El Ferrol (Mainland Spain)



A good journey yesterday and arrived in plenty of time to get settled into cabin. This ship ‘Spirit of Adventure’ is the same layout as the ‘Spirit of Discovery’ that we were on back in September so everything is familiar, just a different decor.

No complimentary upgrade & butler this time but all cabins on board have balconies and are of a high and comfortable standard.



Sitting in one of the lounges watching the staff greet passengers we had a wonderful surprise to see our dear friend Len, who sadly lost his wife last year, come through the doors. He had asked us about our Saga experience, little did we know he would make a booking and surprise us for his first ever cruise. Plenty of hugs when we saw him for sure.



An early dinner for us, but did manage to see The Address to the Haggis and enjoyed haggis neeps & tatties as a starter.

An early night. It’s tiring all this being chauffeur driven and waited-on service LOL.



Thursday - Plenty of things going on around the ship today, temperature warming up but not quite ready for a dip in the pool!



Managed to get booked into both the speciality restaurants on board Amalfi (Italian) & Khukuri House (Nepalese). Other nights we will dine in the Main Dining Room or The Grill. Might also try The Supper Club.

Plenty of choice that’s for sure.



A day at sea always offer craft classes - I didn’t join the water colour painting but popped along to the other area and created a dolphin greeting card.

I wonder if we will see any actual dolphins on this voyage.

After all that crafting it was time for a cuppa and a treat.



Think we will try The Grand Dining Room this evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb