Christmas 2005


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
December 23rd 2005
Published: November 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ValladolidValladolidValladolid

Walking in the park with Sam's mum
We set off from London at around 8pm and got about 30 mins down the road when we realised we didn't have the locking key for the alloys (couldn't change a tyre if needed) so we had to go all the way back home to find it..... Grrrr

We arrived at Dover in plenty of time to be loaded on the earlier ferry, much to our joy, and once in France drove direct to Valladolid. 18 hours and 4 tanks of fuel later we arrived... Phew!

Valladolid We always have a great time here visiting Sam's old friends, eating, eating and more eating. We arrived in time for Christmas Eve dinner (FEAST), which lasted into the early hours of the morning. Christmas day is a relaxed affair in Spain. Presents are normally opened on the 6th of Jan but because we were leaving before then we brought it forward to Christmas Day. New Years Eve - after madly scoffing (or trying not to choke) on 12 grapes everybody went absolutely mad. We wore hats, blew party hooters, drank bubbly and so on. Fantastic time!!!

A few days later we packed up the car again and started our 2
New YearNew YearNew Year

12 grapes per second counted down to the New Year
day journey from Valladolid to Mont St Michel in France and then London.

Mont St Michel - One of the most amazing structures I have ever seen. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect to see such a breathtaking formation. We arrived just on sunset and were lucky enough to see it in the perfect light. We stayed on the island for the night in a great hotel, fortunately at the bottom of the rock. We did however walk to, and take a look through, the cathedral at the top.

Next day, back to London... Car was on it's last legs and about a week later the water pump blew and it's been parked up since!! We'll get it going again but it is a bit of a lemon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

New YearNew Year
New Year

The boys


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb