Santiago de Compestella & return to Porto


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
November 6th 2021
Published: November 14th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Way behind on posting a blog. We are now in Malta, which is an amazing country, about 50 miles south of Italy. the baroque architecture and the limestone buildings, make you feel like you are in a movie set. I have taken alot of pictures! but that is for the next blog.



This blog finishes with mass in the Santiago de Compestela where we did see the bulofumaria, which was so incredible!! It is not done at every mass so we felt quite fortunate. And although i have seen 'The Way' a couple of times and loved that part of the film, to see it in its reality, was a precious travel memory!!



We then took the bus back to Porto and enjoyed 2 days in Porto to include a walking tour and a boat tour, in the beautiful sunshine. Then overnight to the Douro valley to stay in an old vineyard which included a tour of the vineyard, a dinner and port tastings for the meal. a very enjoyable excursion.



So, I will post these pictures, and later post one for Malta. We spent 10 days on the island including the smaller island of Gozo, which we loved! Tuesday we will return to Lisbon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb