How to Save Money When Traveling to Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 20th 2019
Published: July 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Given the current economy and the rising costs of food, fuel, and accommodation, vacations have become rather expensive. However, there are always precautions that you can take to cut down on some of the expenses. This article will guide you through all the tips and tricks of planning your Spanish vacation without spending too much.

Here is a list of all the things you can do to enjoy a budget-friendly trip to Spain.

Look out for travel packages while booking your flights




There are various travel deals offered that help you get cheaper flights. However, there is another way to get cheap flights. That is to book your flights months in advance. Make sure you choose a budget-friendly airline. In this regard, booking a travel package may help reduce the costs greatly.

Share accommodations




Accommodations take up a huge percentage of your expenses when it comes to planning vacations in another country. It is almost impossible to find cheap accommodation in Spain. A great way to reduce accommodation expenses is to share the accommodation. We don't always need private rooms and expensive hotels to live in. Many accommodations are designed as such that you can share them, which not only gives you the comfort you require but also cuts down on the prices. For example, Youth Hostels, Couchsurfing and Airbnb are some of the greatest and cheapest forms of accommodations. Airbnb specifically provides you with fanciness, privacy, and comfort along with cheap rates.

Avoid using trains for traveling




Many people use trains to travel to Spain. However, trains are usually much more expensive than buses. While buses are indeed difficult to travel in, they are also cheaper and saves you a lot of time. However, there are even cheaper ways than using the bus. Perhaps you could share the fuel costs by car sharing. You can also rent your own car or a van (if you’re traveling with family) for your vacation. Many renting facilities provide great deals in the holiday season. Moreover, many cities in Spain have cheap underground metro systems. They are not only a faster way of traveling but also cheaper than the rest. Metro systems such as subways and underground systems in Madrid and Barcelona are a popular means of transport. Spanish metro systems also have maps that you can easily read to guide you through your way.

Use discount cards to explore Spain




Discount cards are a great way to explore Spain without spending too much. They help you get a cheaper, and in many places, free entry to almost every museum in town. However, before getting a discount card, you may need to plan ahead. If you are planning to visit only one museum throughout your stay in Spain, a discount card may end up costing you more than it can save you. Plan how many tourist attractions you can go to in a, calculate the total cost and only then proceed on to getting a discount card. It helps a lot only if you can manage to visit a lot of attractions in a day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb