Into Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community
June 5th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"Cyclists share a fellowship of the wheel that can overcome all political, social, racial, and economic barriers."
Ted Costantino

Woo-hoo!!! 125 kilometers today. After so many days of huffing and puffing up steep hills, today was truly a blessing. We entered Spain on Road EN 521 and continued on that road the entire day. It had been recently resurfaced so was smooth with a wide shoulder. Several signs along the road admonished cars that they must give bicyclists at least 1.5 meters (about 4 feet) clearance when passing. Wish the US had such a law. The terrain was certainly not flat, but the hills were gradual and equally up and down. Very light traffic cause we are in the middle of nowhere. We probably averaged 12 miles an hour or so and arrived here in Caceres by 2:30.
Arriving was only half the problem, however. There was an arrow pointing to camping, but like so many of the arrows here in Europe, we found it quite confusing. We probably wandered around town for an hour before we found this campsite, our first in Spain.
The price of the campite seems a bit high, 20 euros. But each site has a private bathroom with hot (really hot) showers. Free Internet and a beuatiful pool, camp store and restaurant, where Bill is getting ready to order a pizza, I believe. It's beginning to storm outside and we just found out that we are in a different time zone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb